Nursery Admissions 2017-18 Quick Info
- Parents unaware of the different rules to the 298 private schools in the second day of the nursery admission process. A separate set of guidelines and schedule is still awaited from the government for the 298 private schools, where admissions have been put on hold.
- A source in the DOE said that the admission process for the EWS will start by this week.
- In the 1,400 schools, the application process started on Jan 2 and will continue till 23 Jan 2017.
- An official in the government assured that the guidelines will be issued soon for guidelines for the 298 schools.
- In each private school in the city has to reserve 25% seats for children belonging to the economically weaker section.
- The government had to conduct three rounds of admission to fill the seats in last year, This year also, the admission for the category is starting after the general category.
Nursery Admissions in Delhi Dates 2017-18
Admission Schedule for Entry Level Classes (below six years of age) for Open Seats in Private Unaided Recognized Schools of Delhi for the session 2017-2018. In order to conduct the admission process smoothly at the Entry Level Classes (below six year of age) in Private Unaided recognized Schools of Delhi.
Given below the following instructions and admission schedule are issued for conducting admissions for the Open Seats (other than EWS/DO category seats) for the academic session 2017-18.
|Uploading the criteria and their points in the module of the Department at the link mentioned at point No. 8 till||01-01-2017 (Sunday)|
|Commencement of admission process||02-01-2017 (Monday)|
|Commencement of availability of application forms for admission||02-01-2017 (Monday)|
|last date of submission of application forms in schools||23-01-2017(Monday)|
|Uploading details of children who applied to the school for admission under Open Seats till||31-01-2017(Tuesday)|
|Uploading marks (as per point system) given to each of the children who applied for admission under open scats till||06-02-2017(Monday)|
|The date for displaying the first list of selected candidates (including Waiting List) (along with marks allotted under point system)||15-02-2017 (Wednesday)|
|Resolution of queries of parents. if any (by written /email/ verbal interaction) regarding allotment of points to their ward in the first list till||16-02.2017 to 18-02-2017|
|The date for displaying the second list of candidates (If any) (including Waiting List) (along with marks allotted under point system)||28-02-2017(Tuesday)|
|Closure of admission process||31-03-2017(Friday)|
Important Points to Keep in Mind for EWS/DG ADMISSIONS 2017-18
1 ) 25% admissions to children belonging to Economically Weaker Section & Disadvantaged Group category at entry level classes i.e. pre-school/nursery, pre-primary/KG and Class- I, wherever fresh admissions are made, shall be granted by the Private Unaided Recognized Schools of Delhi. They shall ensure the admissions of 25% children belonging to EWS/DG Category at all entry level classes on the existing strength of students in respect of entry level classes at any given point of time.
2 ) Admissions of the children belonging to Economically weaker Section & Disadvantaged Group Category shall be made by the private unaided recognized schools on the following neighbourhood criteria.
- Admission shall first be offered to eligible students belonging to EWS and Disadvantaged Group residing within 1 KM of the specific school.
- In case the vacancies remain unfilled, students residing within 3 KM of the school shall be admitted.
- If there are still vacancies, then the admission shall be offered to other students residing within 6 KM of the school.
- Students residing beyond 6 KM shall be admitted only in case vacancies remain unfilled even after considering all the students within 6 KM area.
3 ) The minimum age limit for the children to be admitted at the entry level classes as on 31103/2017 is as under:
- For Nursery/Pre-School : – Minimum 3 years.
- For KG/Pre-Primary : – Minimum 4 years.
- For Class I : – Minimum 5 years